Help / FAQsPosting ads:
View / Edit / Delete ads:
Registration & logging in:
Buying property in Sri Lanka:
How do I post / sell my property on the site ?
You can post 1 ad absolutely free of charge on our site and you can post your ad by following the simple steps below. If you need to post more ads, please contact us
1) You will need to register with our site. You will only need to enter your name, username, password and email address to register. You can register on this page:
2) Once registered you will have 3 buttons to select. Please click on the ‘Add a new Ad' button.
3) You will then need to select the category to which you are posting your ad (eg: House for sale, Land for sale, House for rent etc.). Please click on the appropriate button to proceed
4) You can enter the details of your ad at this stage and press the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
5) You will now be presented with two options – whether to finish posting the ad (without pictures) or add pictures. Kindly select the appropriate option by clicking on the button. If you selected to ‘Finish Posting' then you have completed posting your ad and your ad will be available immediately on our site.
If you selected to upload images, then you simply need to select the images and press the UPLOAD button. After this your pictures will be uploaded and your ad posting process will be completed. For more help with uploading pictures please visit our image upload guide.
Click here to register and get started with posting your ad.
How to I add images/pictures to my ad?
Please visit our image upload guide.
What are your charges?
You can post up to 1 ad free of charge. If you wish to post more ads, then please Contact Us to discuss about the different Membership options available. We do not charge any fees, commission, referral fees or anything like that from a successful sale or lease. You can optionally upgrade/promote an ad to guarantee placement on the first page or home page for a small fee. Please see below about upgraded ads.
What are upgraded/promoted ads?
Upgraded ads allow you to promote your ad to be placed permanently above other ads of the relevant category for a period of 30 days. To upgrade an ad, please login and click on the 'View / Edit / Del ads' option, then click the 'Upgrade' button next to the ad you wish to upgrade.
How it works
- By upgrading your ad to a Showcase, Platinum or Featured status you can get higher visibility for your ad (up to 3000% more) and thus ensuring more leads.
- There is only a limited number of places available for Showcase and Platinum ads and when all places have been taken you will need to wait until one becomes available. We will show when the next slot will be available if the current holder does not renew their ad.
- Each upgraded ad will be valid for 30 days. You will need to renew the upgrade if you need to extend beyond 30 days. You will be able to renew the ad 5 days before the upgrade expires. Once the upgrade expires the slot will be available for anyone to use and if all the slots have been taken you will need to wait until one becomes available again.
- Your ad will be displayed, as currently, only on relevant results. Eg. if the ad was for a Colombo apartment sale, it will appear under all Colombo listings however will not appear under Dehiwala listings.
- If you upgrade to a status other than Platinum you will be able to upgrade to a higher status at anytime during the upgrade valid period (subject to availability). However you will need to pay the full price of the new upgrade status and will not get a refund for the remainder of your existing status.
- Prices are subject to change in future and you will need to pay the rates at that time when renewing
- Payments can be made using your credit or debit card online
How do I contact you
You can contact us via our Contact Us form by clicking here.
I have posted my ad but cannot find it on the site
You can view all ads that you have posted by logging in to the My Account section.
How do I edit/delete my property ?
You simply login to your account area and click on the View/Edit/Delete button and then on the EDIT button next to the relevant property.
I have forgotten my password
Please go to the Lost Password form and enter your email address in. Your new password will be then sent to this email address.
How do I find the geo data for my ad?
You will be able to find the Latitude or Longitude of your location from Google Maps or by following the simple steps below:
1) Visit the site http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocation.php?lat=6.910067&lon=79.859619
2) Select your location using the zoom and navigation buttons (on top left of map) and your mouse and once you have found it, click on your location. The Latitudes and Longitudes will be shown on the map itself and also on the right side. Copy that information into the appropriate boxes when adding/editing your ad.
For a closer zoom, use a zoom value of 16. Use 8-12 for a general zoom.
Can I sell/rent my property through you?
You may advertise your property on the website. We are not estate agents so we will not handle any aspect of the buying and selling process. we merely list the ads. All our services including posting ads are 100% free.
I am an Estate Agent/Broker. Can I post my property on your site and is it free for agents?
Posting ads on LankaPropertyWeb.com is open and free to all
For how long will my ad be displayed?
Your ad will be displayed for 90 days. If you wish to have the ad active beyond 90 days you can login and edit your ad (no changes required) before 90 days. This will give you a further 90 days. Estate agent listings will be displayed indefinitely. LankaPropertyWeb.com reserves the right to remove any ad at any time which contravenes to its Terms and Conditions.
What are the rules and regulations for buying property in Sri Lanka for foreigners and expats ?
Please read our guide on Buying property in Sri Lanka for foreigners for more information
How far should my house be from the coastline under new government legislation?
25m-55m in Southern Province and 50m-100m in Eastern Province
I didn't get an activation link email
If you haven't got an email with the activation link, you can either request to re-send the email by clicking here or re-register with another email address.
The activation link doesn't work
If you are having difficulty with the activation link please try to copy and paste the entire link (starting with the http://) on to the browser and press Enter Key, or contact us via the Contact Us form and we will be able to assist you.
How do I add my profile picture ?
Once logged in, click on the 'Change your Email, PWD & Profile' button. Here you'll be able to upload your profile picture, which will be displayed on your ads.